Photo: Taisiia Shestopol via Unsplash
On Thanksgiving Day, the only thing more stressful than getting a hot and scrumptious feast on the table is having enough delicious things for everyone to drink.
Don't worry! You'll soon be the host(ess) with the mostest with this list of wines that truly run the gamut. From structured red wines to frothy pinks, our Thanksgiving Day wine pairings are meant for everyone and anyone.
Explore the pairings below and be sure to head over to our Thanksgiving SHOP section if you can't find what you're looking for here. Clink, Clink!
from cheese boards to smoked chicken wings to crunchy crudité
• Dopff & Irion Crémant d'Alsace Brut Rosé | Alsace, France
Pair with cheese boards, shrimp cocktail, raw veggies and fruit desserts
• Landhaus Mayer Riesling | Niederösterreich, Austria
Pair with cheese boards, olives, fruit, roast turkey, fresh salads
whether its a warm brussels sprout salad or that jiggly can o' cranberry
• J. Bouchon 'País Viejo' | Maule Valley, Chile
Pair with all...
Photo: Adrien Olichon via Unsplash
Picture it: You're scrolling through our online wine shop, looking for something to pair perfectly with your grandma's Thanksgiving stuffing. Or maybe a delicious yet affordable bottle of bubbles. Our shop is a great place to start, but at some point you might find yourself thinking, I just want something with a little more...X factor!
Of course you do! After all, variety is the spice of life and exploring new wines is a great way to keep your palate (and your brain) sharp and guessing. When you join our wine club, variety and adventure is exactly what you'll get. Plus a whole lot more.
Let's take a little tour of a Sip Better membership account, shall we? As the celebs used to say on MTV's Diary, "you think you know, but you have no idea." (Shoutout to my millennial sisters!)
Check out the video below and explore just a few of the features you'll unlock as a member of our wine club.
Photo: via Unsplash
Happy Halloweeeeeen! Wishing you a spooky weekend and lots of fun!
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.28.22
- This podcast legitimately freaks me out. Don't listen to it alone!
> DRINK THIS: Matic Pinot Gris, orange wine from Slovenia
- And if you ever wondered how the heck Halloween came to be, check out this episode of Flightless Bird.
> DRINK THIS: Spy Valley Pinot Noir from New Zealand
- These table linens are beautiful and dramatic, perfect for wintertime dining.
> DRINK THIS: Domaine de Piaugier Côtes du Rhône Villages-Sablet from France
- On our somm's recommendation, I made a Manhattan with this rich Pedro Ximenez sherry from Spain in place of sweet vermouth and HOLY SMOKES! It rules.
> DRINK THIS: El Maestro Sierra Pedro Ximenez Sherry from Spain
- I hope these kooky toddler costumes make you smile!
> DRINK THIS: Elio Perrone 'Bigaro' from Italy
See you in November!
Photo: Hansjorg Keller via Unsplash
Hello hello! Thanks for stopping by the blog! Please enjoy some of our favorite things on the internet this week, and have a lovely, orange-y Fall weekend.
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.21.22
- Why do I love Quarantine Kermi so much?!
- If you're looking for an alternative to the spooky snacks and drinks of the season, might I suggest orange wine?
- Who's up for a little self-care Target run? We've all done it!
- Cup of Jo's Fall favorites lists are the BEST.
- How's this for an inspiring movie?: In Blind Ambition, four Zimbabwean friends (and immigrants to South Africa) become sommeliers and make an inspiring journey to the World Wine Tasting Championship in Burgundy. And it's a true story! I'm IN.
Photo: Nika Benedictova via Unsplash
Do you ever miss trick-or-treating? I do! What other excuse do I have to house a bowl of fun-size Snickers?
Luckily, adulthood allows for some other delicious things. Like wine! And homemade snacks that give Snickers a run for its money. Throw your own adult-friendly Halloween party this Fall with these festive food and wine pairing ideas.
CHOCOLATE, PEANUT BUTTER
DRINK: El Maestro Sierra Pedro Ximenez Sherry
This spiced sherry is light on its feet and a perfect foil for nutty and milk chocolatey treats.
APPLE, PUMPKIN, BUTTER, CINNAMON
DRINK: Jim Barry 'Wintervale' Riesling
This Riesling is both rich in honeycomb flavor and lifted with citrus and florals that compliment all things pumpkin spice and baked apple.
DARK CHOCOLATE, RED VINES
DRINK: Rob Murray Vnyds 'Force of Nature' Zinfandel
Dark red and black fruit make this Zinfandel a friend to dark chocolate treats and classic licorice.
MARSHMALLOW, NOUGAT, SALTED CARAMEL
DRINK: Elderton 'E Series' Chardonnay
A creamy, peachy Chardonnay...