Photo: Vladimir Gladkov via Unsplash
Welcome to Friday! Here's a short list of some nice things to get your day going. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.17.21
- Take advantage of those late summer plums and make this extremely good and simple Plum Cake, by Minneapolis baking hero, Zoë François. You can also find it in her book Zoë Bakes Cakes (which I may have to buy, now).
- Doesn't this look like the perfect coffee table book? Plus, who couldn't use a bit of travel inspiration right about now!
- Did you know that Sip Better wine club members get their own personal referral codes? Every time you refer a friend who joins the club, you AND your pal will get a FREE bottle of wine! That's what they call a win-win. ;) Here's how to find your referral code.
- Um, how are these dorm rooms cuter than my own grown-up room?!
- This gorgeous, creamy pottery makes me want to have a dinner party immediately!
Have a nice weekend!
Photo: Bronwyn via Unsplash
Hi there, friend! Start your weekend off with a few fun things we found this week. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.10.21
- Fit Foodie Finds is at it again! They're creating their own recipes for beloved coffee drinks. Their version of Starbucks' Apple Crisp Macchiato is SO intriguing. Cereal milk! Who knew!
- All of last week, our somm, Leslee, popped on Instagram to share her thoughts on Minnesota wine and grape varietals. Check out these fun, informative videos!
- As we head into cozy baking season, the cookbook Milk Bar: Kids Only sounds like the most epic winter activity for the kiddos in your life! Legendary Milk Bar pastry chef, Christina Tosi, has stuffed this book with easy, exciting recipes for kids that also teach them great habits in the kitchen.
- You guys. Jennifer Aniston finally created a hair care line.
- Make sure you have this Fall Foliage Prediction Map bookmarked so you can take advantage of the changing colors in your area!
Until next time!
Photo: Mel Elías via Unsplash
Hey there! It's been another crazy week in the world, so we hope these little tid bits will lift your spirits. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.3.21
- This list of favorite Trader Joe's products gives me the munchies!
- Give your brain a break by listening to the lighthearted I Love A Lifetime Movie podcast, hosted by comedians Naomi Ekperigin and Megan Gailey. These hilarious women watch a different Lifetime movie each week and recap the good, bad, and ridiculous details while cracking up along the way.
- Excited for spooky season? Feast your eyes on these pumpkiny works of art.
- Our somm, Leslee, has been busy all week at the Minnesota State Fair, sussing out the best wine-based treats (hello, wine slushies!) and presenting at MN Wine Country. Follow her on Instagram (@amuseewine) for all the tasty tips!
- These vintage-inspired French clothes are feminine, unique, and somehow look super comfortable all at once. Love!
Enjoy your day!
Photo: David Simeng Zhang
It may officially be September, but the breeze is still warm and the grass is still green. Outdoor hangouts live on!
We have loved taking wine to the park this year and think we've perfected the perfect outdoor wine gathering formula. Read on for 5 things to bring on your next cozy, outdoor wine gathering. Make it your own and tag us in your photos! We'd love to see your style.
Candles and lanterns: Don't forget about lighting! If you're picnicing into the evening, set your table with a few strategic lanterns or (electric)candles to light the night. Plus, EVERYONE looks prettier bathed in warm candlelight! Fill your lanterns with these citronella tea lights for a little extra mosquito security.
SEATING + COMFORT
Cushions and pillows: Bring enough soft seating options so that the party doesn't get cut short due to sore booties! We love Home Goods and Target for affordable floor pillows, like this bold and chunky one.
A portable table and blankets: Our project manager's father...
It's almost September! As you enjoy the rest of this fleeting summer, here are a few things we're loving this week:
FRIDAY FAVES - 8.26.21
- Our somm, Leslee, threw a luxe picnic (ahem, "sipnic") for some friends, complete with some of her favorite bottles of wine, cheeses, and snacks from Cépage. Check out the photos over on Instagram (and above)!
- I can't stop watching Motel Makeover on Netflix. It's such a treat for the eyes (pink pink pink)!
- Check out this stunning gold-streaked statement mirror created by Etsy's 2021 Etsy Design Award winner, Candice Luter. She also makes fiber art!
- I don't care if it's cliché, I want to make this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe right now.
- End the summer with a bottle of Bodegas Ostatu rosé from Rioja, Spain. Zippy, floral and full of citrus, it screams late summer sunshine!
Have a great day!