Photo: Bethany Newman via Unsplash
You made it to Friday, way to go! The following is a list of particularly delicious things we found this week. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 4.9.21
- Excited to binge The Wedding Coach on Netflix, where comedian Jamie Lee (and her hilarious friends) helps couples of all kinds through the madness and emotion of wedding planning.
- Hellooo, pink doughnuts! This recipe for Como La Flor doughnuts was created by Paola Velez, a creative pastry chef who also cofounded the activist group Bakers Against Racism.
- Bright and refreshing wines to drink at your next brunch!
- Are you getting sick of your daily morning eggs or smoothie? Here are three inspiring (and healthy!) ways to shake up your breakfast.
- A beautiful behind-the-scenes view of what it's like to keep a vineyard warm and cozy in the springtime.
Thanks for stopping by!
Photo: Artur Kornakov via Unsplash
I hope you're having a great Friday so far! Please enjoy this list of lovey things!
FRIDAY FAVES - 4.2.21
- Bet you didn't know that Minnesota boasts almost 80 different wineries. It's true! Our somm, Leslee, recently did a video review of MN Mousse Winery, spearheaded by winemaker Josie Boyle. She specializes in sparkling wines and they are DELIGHTFUL. The winery is open for tastings AND they're serving Easter brunch this sunday!
- If you've ever wanted to squish a soft, warm croissant in your hand, THIS is for you!
- I'm dreaming about sweet spring veggies and this is a great guide to pairing spring produce to wine.
- Adding all of these documentaries to my To Watch list.
- A tangy dessert worthy of Easter Sunday.
Have a warm and wonderful Easter weekend!
Photo: Nemanja O. via Unsplash
Hello, it's the weekend! Here's a list of goodies to prep you for relaxation.
FRIDAY FAVES - 3.26.21
- Lucy Laucht's photos of foreign beach scenes are just the thing to defrost your dreams of travel.
- Check out this sleek, reusable cutlery that would be perfect for a picnic basket!
- And OH MY GOSH, this cloudy and unfiltered sparkling Furmint from Slovenia would be such a great picnic companion this spring! Its citrusy, beer-like flavor profile shines alongside salty things like hard cheeses, potato chips and olives.
- If you have kids (or even if you don't!), check out Netflix's new show Waffles and Mochi. It's an adorable, food-focused show featuring a couple of cute puppets, lots of famous food folks, and Michelle Obama herself.
- Tasty tips for preventing soggy sandwiches on your next outdoor lunch!
See you next week!
Photo: Corina Rainer via Unsplash
Hi, Friday friends! I hope you have exciting plans for the weekend, but for now, here's what we're getting a kick out of right now.
FRIDAY FAVES - 3.19.21
- One thing I'm looking forward to this spring: The Lyrid Meteor Shower in April!
- I can't stop thinking about basque cheesecakes. I've never made one, but that burnished, just-about-burnt top and creamy center makes me want to whip one up! Petite León, here in Minneapolis, also serves this cake by the slice.
- Tonight, I'm kicking back with some Pop Daddy Pretzels. Have you tried these crunchy wonders? They come in the savoriest flavors, like peppercorn ranch. Try them here OR find them in the Sip + Snack gift box produced by our sister company, Cépage.
- Enough about food. Have you ever heard of "rose reflexing"? It's such a cool way to make grocery store flowers look fancier.
- This Instagram account cracks me up! It's a collection of the totally baffling model poses used on Zara's website and beyond.
Photo: Taylor Simpson via Unsplash
Good Friday morning! I hope you're gearing up for a warm and sunny weekend! Let's send you off in the right direction with these lovely things:
FRIDAY FAVES - 3.12.21
- If you want to really feel something, check out this fantastic musical collaboration between Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak and Silk Sonic. I am TELLING YOU, this retro-style jam session will have you swaying in your seat and fanning your face. These boys are true heartthrobs.
- Loving this long list of creative popcorn toppings. The salty and cheesy options would pair perfectly to this sparkling Furmint.
- This week I tried the non-alcoholic aperitif, Ghia. It's lovely, and makes a perfect mocktail mixer. Just the right combination of bitter, aromatic and complex.
- If you're looking to explore more unconventional beverages, check out our Sommelier's virtual wine class all about Ancient Grapes. This class will clue you in to some beautiful, old-school (but lesser known) styles of wine that'll delight your palate!