Photo: Ganapathy Kumar via Unsplash
Happy Halloweeeeeeen! We hope you've got some spooky plans for tomorrow! But for now, please enjoy this little list of things we liked this week:
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.30.20
- If you're spending Halloween night in, check out this round-up of spooky-licious cocktails.
- We're revisiting a few episodes of Stranger Things on Halloween and we're planning on using this guide for which wines to drink with the show!
- Are you a lipstick person? Then you MUST check out these gorgeous lipsticks created by makeup artist Lisa Eldridge! Here's a little line from their official description to entice you: "Each bullet has the appearance of beautifully plush velvet fabric, a ‘trompe l’oeil’ that has to be seen to be believed."
- Loving this chic way to display matches. Let the cozy candle nights begin!
- How cute are this family's group Halloween costumes?!
Have a safe weekend, friends!
Photo: Courtesy of Carousel & Folk
Congratulations on crushing another week! Please enjoy the following little bits of fun:
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.16.20
- Kind of obsessed with alllll of the candles at Carousel & Folk. Especially these cloud candles!
- Been trying to use this simple thought from Cup of Jo to keep anxiety at bay.
- Have you ever tried a white Pinot Noir before? Get on it! Start with this one from Left Coast Cellars.
- Artist Christine McConnell has the spookiest, kookiest Instagram account, perfect for this time of year. And she goes ALL OUT when decorating her house for Halloween!
Have a great weekend!
Photo: Jakub Sejkora via Unsplash
Good day, wine lovers! Please enjoy the following fun tidbits we discovered this week:
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.2.20
- How perfect does this blueberry pie look?! Made by a North Minneapolis baker!
- Do you like strawberries? Do you like wine? (Wait, stupid question...) Then you MUST pop open a bottle of this Pinot Noir.
- These stunning felt flowers will keep us smiling once winter sets in.
- A loooong list of the best Halloween movies (remember The Sixth Sense??).
- A few dreamy fall adventures we long to go on...
Enjoy your weekend!
Photo: Angèle Kamp via Unsplash
Hello, it's Friday! You made it! Now, behold a few of our favorite things from the week.
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.18.2020
- I have been making quiche constantly and I just learned a secret trick: Create a crispy cheese barrier to prevent soggy bottom crust!
- Chunky, ultra-cool earrings from Lets Meet Friday.
- Loving all the good, warm Fall foods paired to wine. Especially some buttery roasted sweet potatoes with a glass of this creamy De Wetshof 'Bon Vallon' Chardonnay. Oof!
- For those nights when only mac 'n' cheese will do.
- If you love scary movies or you WANT to love scary movies, you've gotta check out The Scaredy Cats Horror Show. Perfect pre-Halloween entertainment.
Enjoy the weekend!
-- Emily Rentsch
Photo: Bree Felten Leidel
EVERYTHING is Halloween right now! If you're just a little sick of the Snickers and Twizzlers and pumpkin-shaped Reeses, get a load of this adult Halloween treat below—created by my pal Corey Meier of Create Catering—that you can whip up in under 20 minutes. The best part about it? It pairs well with a fizzy little Moscato!
Trick or treat, friends!
PUMPKIN SPICE RICE KRISPIE BARS
*Pair to an off dry Moscato, like the 2017 Foris Sparkling Moscato*
Makes one 9×9 pan
For the Bars
• 2 Tbsp Butter
• 1 Bag Marshmallows
• 1Tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
• 5-6 Cups Rice Krispies
For the Pumpkin-White Chocolate Ganache
• 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
• 1 Cup White Chocolate
For the Spice Mix - Make to your liking!
• Cinnamon to taste
• Ginger to taste
• Nutmeg to taste
• Ground Mace to taste
For the Dark Chocolate Drizzle
• 4 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Melt the butter and marshmallows together in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat.
2. Once melted, add the coffee granules and stir to combine.
3. Fold in the...