Photo: Annie Spratt via Unsplash
- Have you ever had Rush Creek Reserve? It's an insanely gooey and earthy cheese from Uplands Cheese in Wisconsin. They only make it in the Fall, and each small wheel is wrapped in spruce bark. It makes the PERFECT appetizer (or dinner for two?) and would be great with a bottle of Loosen Bros 'Dr. L' sparkling Riesling. Mmmm!
- Some over-the-top Christmas light displays to get you in the holiday mood.
- Claire Saffitz (formerly of Bon Appétit) just debuted her new YouTube channel. Let's get bakin'!
- Are you burning your candles wrong?
- We're getting excited about all of the scrumptious take-away Christmas dinners available through local restaurants! I'm drooling over the package from Petit León. Short ribs, foie gras mousse, and apple pie? Yes, please.
- Ever wonder why Princess Diana had that very specific haircut? Me too. Here's why!
- Have you checked out our Gift Guide? Here are a few others we love: Cup of Jo, DESIGNLOVEFEST, Girls' Night In.
Raise your hand if you've got Pumpkin Spice Latte fatigue!
It's Fall, and cinnamon-spiked hot drinks are prolific. But I assure you, friend, there ARE other options out there! When you've had enough of PSL fever, try some of the wines our sommelier recommends in this video. From Schiava to rosé (it's ok, it's not just for Summertime!), you might just discover a new favorite grape to keep you company the whole winter through.
The holiday season can get a little hairy when you're worried about what to get alllll of those fine folks you love on your list! Let me help you cut through the clamor of consumerism--here are a few of my favorite things from 2019. Hopefully they inspire you to treat your favorite people (and wine lovers!) this Christmas and beyond!
AGATE CHEESE BOARD | Anthropologie
This pretty, sparkling serving board makes a stunning backdrop to one of my personal favorite appetizers--cheese! And you know what plays well with cheese? Um, wine!
2020 PLANNER | Wit & Delight
I love a good notebook, and this sleek little planner has the bonus of helpful productivity and planning tools. Plus, Wit & Delight is a favorite blog and design house local to Minneapolis!
A BOTTLE OF HAUS APERTIF | Haus
Haus makes delicious European-style apertifs made from only the best ingredients, like California wine grapes and other natural goodies. This is the liqeur that's been missing from your bar! It's also a...
Hosting the holidays this year? Holy Stress, amiright? Not only do you want to please your guests with delicious vittles, but you're also thinking about the music, the decor, the flow of the evening...
And then there are the beverages.
Ideally, you would stock a crazy supply of beverages to please every person's personal palate, but that's tricky without spending loads of cash and ending up with lots of extra bottles you might not be crazy about once all of the guests have gone home.
Let's keep it simple, shall we? Here are three different wines that are friendly enough to appeal to a range of people, while also suiting the harvest vibes of a holiday meal. Don't knock yourself out. After all, the most important part of a holiday gathering is the warmth of good company, right?'
Domaine J. Laurens "La Rose No°7" | France**
This sparkling rosé of Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc and Pinot Noir is adorably pink AND a stellar companion to all things Thanksgiving Day. It's got a delicate mousse...