Photo: Kateryna Hliznits via Unsplash
Welcome to your liquid gift guide! This big ole list of some Sip Better favorite wines will give you a great start to your holiday shopping. There's something for everyone to sip on this list, including your non-wine-drinking friends and family. Peruse, shop, and enjoy!
THE TRAVELER WHO LOVES TO ENTERTAIN
Bodega Summetrîa 'Eje'| Mexico
A little taste of Mexico in a glass! This textured and alluring red will satisfy wine drinkers with big, bold tastes and wander lust.
Loosen Bros. 'Dr. L' Sekt | Germany
This sparkling Riesling (yup!) tastes delicious with just about anything, which makes it right at home at a feast. It's the perfect bottle to pull out when you've got guests on their way over.
Pullus 'Halozan' | Slovenia
If your giftee truly loves to entertain a crowd, you can't go wrong with this LITER sized bottle of this floral and bright white!
THE HEALTH CONSCIOUS IMBIBER
Ameztoi Txakolina | Spain
A crisp and slightly spritzy white with zero grams of sugar and super low ABV....
Photo: Clockwise from top left: Food52 / Otherland / Etsy / Farm Steady / W&P / Food52 / Prima
Hellooo, Gift Giving Season!
If you're already thinking about what to bestow upon your food- and drink-loving friends this holiday season, take a load off. We're here to guide you! Here is a juicy list of delicious, beautiful, and well-crafted goods that we think will delight you AND the people you love. Enjoy!
GIFTS UNDER $25
VINTAGE-INSPIRED FOOD ORNAMENTS | $16 each, from Food52
These perfectly gaudy and nostalgic tree ornaments are hard not to smile at. From sushi to pickles to whole sticks of butter, you're sure to find a mouth-watering ornament for just about anyone on your list.
BATH GEM 25mg CBD BATH SOAK| $15 each, from Prima
Holy relaxation! This giant bath bomb will not only limber up your limbs and clear your mind, but it'll make your skin oh so silky smooth. A must-have for any self-care junkie.
NAIL ART STICKERS | $7.50, from Olive & June
These whimsical but understated nail stickers would be the CUTEST stocking stuffer! We're particularly fond of the snack time pack,...
Photo: Annie Spratt via Unsplash
- Have you ever had Rush Creek Reserve? It's an insanely gooey and earthy cheese from Uplands Cheese in Wisconsin. They only make it in the Fall, and each small wheel is wrapped in spruce bark. It makes the PERFECT appetizer (or dinner for two?) and would be great with a bottle of Loosen Bros 'Dr. L' sparkling Riesling. Mmmm!
- Some over-the-top Christmas light displays to get you in the holiday mood.
- Claire Saffitz (formerly of Bon Appétit) just debuted her new YouTube channel. Let's get bakin'!
- Are you burning your candles wrong?
- We're getting excited about all of the scrumptious take-away Christmas dinners available through local restaurants! I'm drooling over the package from Petit León. Short ribs, foie gras mousse, and apple pie? Yes, please.
- Ever wonder why Princess Diana had that very specific haircut? Me too. Here's why!
- Have you checked out our Gift Guide? Here are a few others we love: Cup of Jo, DESIGNLOVEFEST, Girls' Night In.
Raise your hand if you've got Pumpkin Spice Latte fatigue!
It's Fall, and cinnamon-spiked hot drinks are prolific. But I assure you, friend, there ARE other options out there! When you've had enough of PSL fever, try some of the wines our sommelier recommends in this video. From Schiava to rosé (it's ok, it's not just for Summertime!), you might just discover a new favorite grape to keep you company the whole winter through.
The holiday season can get a little hairy when you're worried about what to get alllll of those fine folks you love on your list! Let me help you cut through the clamor of consumerism--here are a few of my favorite things from 2019. Hopefully they inspire you to treat your favorite people (and wine lovers!) this Christmas and beyond!
AGATE CHEESE BOARD | Anthropologie
This pretty, sparkling serving board makes a stunning backdrop to one of my personal favorite appetizers--cheese! And you know what plays well with cheese? Um, wine!
2020 PLANNER | Wit & Delight
I love a good notebook, and this sleek little planner has the bonus of helpful productivity and planning tools. Plus, Wit & Delight is a favorite blog and design house local to Minneapolis!
A BOTTLE OF HAUS APERTIF | Haus
Haus makes delicious European-style apertifs made from only the best ingredients, like California wine grapes and other natural goodies. This is the liqeur that's been missing from your bar! It's also a...