Photo: Dimitri Jablokov via Unsplash
Happy Fall, y'all! Please enjoy some of our favorite internet finds this week, plus wine pairings to drink with them.
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.23.22
- Okay, this Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese is absolutely going on my to-make list. It's going to ROCK alongside a creamy but bright and minerally Chardonnay (see below).
> DRINK THIS: De Wetshof Estate 'Bon Vallon' Chardonnay
- Temps are dropping, friends! Get cozy with our somm-selected wines for Fall.
- Fred Franzia has passed away at age 79. Wine Enthusiast does a deep dive on the man's impact on bargain wines.
> DRINK THIS: Left Coast Cellars White Pinot Noir
- Need a great book recommendation for the winter months ahead? I love this Cup of Jo post calling for readers' top three books!
> DRINK THIS: Paolo Scavino Nebbiolo
- A great little guide for how to change your skincare routine for Fall and Winter.
> DRINK THIS: J. Bouchon 'Paîs Viejo'
- We've got our eyes on Minnesota's Fall Colors Finder! Where are you planning on peeping the leaves...
Photo: Artiom Vallat via Unsplash
Welcome to a new year! We hope you're finding lots of light throughout these darker winter days. Let us help with a few fun things on the internet. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 1.7.22
- This soup is warm as a hug and only requires four ingredients!
- This month our somm, Leslee, is teaching a wine class in Minneapolis that digs into two hot topics: wine and wellness, and why shape matters when you choose a wine glass. If you're in the Twin Cities, you should sign up! Seats are limited and all attendees go home with 4 FREE RIEDEL WINE GLASSES. Excuse me.
- I love the reality show Selling Sunset, but as a new-ish mom, I was confused by the portrayal of one character's postpartum journey in the latest season. So was writer Doree Shafrir, and she writes about it here.
- Why can't I stop thinking about these mustard-hued high tops covered in sherpa?!
- Get your daily dose of true crime with the podcast Sweet Bobby. It delves deep into a real-life and decades-long catfishing scam in the U.K. VERY...
Photo: Christin Hume via Unsplash
During this nutsy political week we looked for the levity in things. Please enjoy these bits of joy and have a great weekend!
FRIDAY FAVES - 1.15.21
- Artist Sari Shryack makes juicy and whimsical pop culture oil paintings that totally speak to the 90s kid. We're talkin' lip gloss and Lisa Frank vibes. I especially love this pastel mall scene!
- The new movie Save Yourselves! is a hilarious/satirical/suspenseful story that follows two extremely millenial young people as they try to unplug from the world for a week. So good and so unexpected. Find it on Hulu!
- If you're already sick of red wine (wait, what?!), check out 18 creamy, comforting white wines to get you through the winter. Our somm, Leslee, says she could drink the Ca' Lojera Lugana Verdicchio just about every day. Yum!
- Get something fun on your calendar! Leslee is leading three virtual wine classes over the next two months. They're affordable, easy to get to (ha!), and a great way to discover something new. Check them...