Photo: Vladimir Gladkov via Unsplash
Welcome to Friday! Here's a short list of some nice things to get your day going. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.17.21
- Take advantage of those late summer plums and make this extremely good and simple Plum Cake, by Minneapolis baking hero, Zoë François. You can also find it in her book Zoë Bakes Cakes (which I may have to buy, now).
- Doesn't this look like the perfect coffee table book? Plus, who couldn't use a bit of travel inspiration right about now!
- Did you know that Sip Better wine club members get their own personal referral codes? Every time you refer a friend who joins the club, you AND your pal will get a FREE bottle of wine! That's what they call a win-win. ;) Here's how to find your referral code.
- Um, how are these dorm rooms cuter than my own grown-up room?!
- This gorgeous, creamy pottery makes me want to have a dinner party immediately!
Have a nice weekend!
Photo: Bronwyn via Unsplash
Hi there, friend! Start your weekend off with a few fun things we found this week. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.10.21
- Fit Foodie Finds is at it again! They're creating their own recipes for beloved coffee drinks. Their version of Starbucks' Apple Crisp Macchiato is SO intriguing. Cereal milk! Who knew!
- All of last week, our somm, Leslee, popped on Instagram to share her thoughts on Minnesota wine and grape varietals. Check out these fun, informative videos!
- As we head into cozy baking season, the cookbook Milk Bar: Kids Only sounds like the most epic winter activity for the kiddos in your life! Legendary Milk Bar pastry chef, Christina Tosi, has stuffed this book with easy, exciting recipes for kids that also teach them great habits in the kitchen.
- You guys. Jennifer Aniston finally created a hair care line.
- Make sure you have this Fall Foliage Prediction Map bookmarked so you can take advantage of the changing colors in your area!
Until next time!
Photo: Mel Elías via Unsplash
Hey there! It's been another crazy week in the world, so we hope these little tid bits will lift your spirits. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.3.21
- This list of favorite Trader Joe's products gives me the munchies!
- Give your brain a break by listening to the lighthearted I Love A Lifetime Movie podcast, hosted by comedians Naomi Ekperigin and Megan Gailey. These hilarious women watch a different Lifetime movie each week and recap the good, bad, and ridiculous details while cracking up along the way.
- Excited for spooky season? Feast your eyes on these pumpkiny works of art.
- Our somm, Leslee, has been busy all week at the Minnesota State Fair, sussing out the best wine-based treats (hello, wine slushies!) and presenting at MN Wine Country. Follow her on Instagram (@amuseewine) for all the tasty tips!
- These vintage-inspired French clothes are feminine, unique, and somehow look super comfortable all at once. Love!
Enjoy your day!
It's almost September! As you enjoy the rest of this fleeting summer, here are a few things we're loving this week:
FRIDAY FAVES - 8.26.21
- Our somm, Leslee, threw a luxe picnic (ahem, "sipnic") for some friends, complete with some of her favorite bottles of wine, cheeses, and snacks from Cépage. Check out the photos over on Instagram (and above)!
- I can't stop watching Motel Makeover on Netflix. It's such a treat for the eyes (pink pink pink)!
- Check out this stunning gold-streaked statement mirror created by Etsy's 2021 Etsy Design Award winner, Candice Luter. She also makes fiber art!
- I don't care if it's cliché, I want to make this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe right now.
- End the summer with a bottle of Bodegas Ostatu rosé from Rioja, Spain. Zippy, floral and full of citrus, it screams late summer sunshine!
Have a great day!
Photo: Carles Rabada via Unsplash
Hi! I hope you're staying cool in a million fun ways! Check out what's making us happy this week:
FRIDAY FAVES - 8.20.21
- What's the most cheerful getaway you can think of? Personally, this sunflower hotel in the UK sounds PERFECT!
- A sweet widowed man received over 700 birthday cards from strangers for his 101st birthday!
- According to the SF Chronicle, those online quizzes that match your personal palate to wine are not to be trusted. That's what our somm, Leslee always says! Instead, at Sip Better wine club, Leslee handpicks every bottle for you, based on the feedback you provide. No algorithms!
- Take a look back at how popular TV shows and movies predicted our houses would look in the future.
- What do you think: Are Ben and J.Lo really re-creating the video of Jenny From The Block?!
Have a great weekend!