Photo: David Wirzba via Unsplash
Hi! Thanks for stopping by! We hope this little list of links lifts your spirits.
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.15.21
- This is THE best apple cake I've found yet. It's the perfect marriage of crumbly coffee cake and tart apple dessert.
- Loving this critique of the Great British Baking Show, by Vanity Fair.
- Have you checked out our blog post on pairing wine to mushrooms?!
- Bookmark this list of bartenders' tricks for curing the hiccups!
- Get lost in this list of gorgeous trees around the world.
Have a lovely weekend!
Photo: Kalineri Designs via Unsplash
We’ve said it before, but we’ll say it again: MUSHROOM season is upon us! And there are plenty of reasons to get excited about it! As the fall colors come in and the temps cool down, we’re finding ourselves getting crafty in the kitchen, with a glass of wine in hand (of course).
Speaking of vino, one of the many reasons we love the wine + mushroom combo is the health aspect. At Sip Better, we truly are sipping better with wines low in calories, sugar and made with organic and biodynamic processes. Mushrooms are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Due to their anti-inflammatory effects, mushrooms are also natural immunity system boosters. We love all things that TASTE good, but to also FEEL good is really the cherry on top.
From stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer or side dish to pair with the main course, creamy mushroom soup for those chillier nights, or a classic pasta and mushroom dish, the list is never ending. So now that your wheels are spinning on how to...
Photo: Svitlana via Unsplash
Hello! I hope you've had a lovely week and are looking at an even better weekend. Enjoy these things we're loving!
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.8.21
- Candy Corn Jello shots, anyone?
- I made this Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Soup the other day. It is intensely umami, rich, and totally vegan somehow! Make it for a taste of fall.
- Speaking of mushrooms! There's a new section in the Sip Better SHOP highglighting wines that are delicious paired with mushrooms of all sorts. Check it out!
- Would love to take a sniff of this Sriracha Rose candle from Otherland!
- If you find yourself in Superior, WI one of these days, may I recommend dinner at Eddie's World Famous Ribs? It's a cozy supperclub with strong drinks, quirky decor, and huge portions of piping hot and delicious food that you definitely won't finish.
Until next week!
Photo: Dylan Nolte via Unsplash
Mother's Day is this weekend and we're thinking it might just be the perfect time to revive the old breakfast-in-bed idea. It's thoughtful, easy to execute at home, and sooo totally vintage [wink]. Whether you want to crank out something warm and sweet for breakfast or treat your mother figure to a classy dinner, below you'll find some excellent ideas, including a recipe from our friend Chef Mike Shannon. Get inspired! What sort of treat would make your mom swoon this Sunday?
CHOCOLATE SWIRL BUNS | Smitten Kitchen
Oooooh baby, these morsels look decadent! This recipe for Chocolate Swirl Buns is Deb Perelman's simplified take on traditional, chocolatey Babka. All the gooey pockets of chocolate you could want, but much easier to execute. Nice!
PAIR WITH: Domaine des Terres Dorées "FRV 100" - This frothy, raspberry-laced Gamay will pick up on all those chocolatey notes.
photo by Sheri Silver via Unsplash
DUTCH BABY | New York Times Cooking
THIS is one of my personal favorite show-stopping...