Photo: via Unsplash
Happy Halloweeeeeen! Wishing you a spooky weekend and lots of fun!
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.28.22
- This podcast legitimately freaks me out. Don't listen to it alone!
> DRINK THIS: Matic Pinot Gris, orange wine from Slovenia
- And if you ever wondered how the heck Halloween came to be, check out this episode of Flightless Bird.
> DRINK THIS: Spy Valley Pinot Noir from New Zealand
- These table linens are beautiful and dramatic, perfect for wintertime dining.
> DRINK THIS: Domaine de Piaugier Côtes du Rhône Villages-Sablet from France
- On our somm's recommendation, I made a Manhattan with this rich Pedro Ximenez sherry from Spain in place of sweet vermouth and HOLY SMOKES! It rules.
> DRINK THIS: El Maestro Sierra Pedro Ximenez Sherry from Spain
- I hope these kooky toddler costumes make you smile!
> DRINK THIS: Elio Perrone 'Bigaro' from Italy
See you in November!
It's almost September! As you enjoy the rest of this fleeting summer, here are a few things we're loving this week:
FRIDAY FAVES - 8.26.21
- Our somm, Leslee, threw a luxe picnic (ahem, "sipnic") for some friends, complete with some of her favorite bottles of wine, cheeses, and snacks from Cépage. Check out the photos over on Instagram (and above)!
- I can't stop watching Motel Makeover on Netflix. It's such a treat for the eyes (pink pink pink)!
- Check out this stunning gold-streaked statement mirror created by Etsy's 2021 Etsy Design Award winner, Candice Luter. She also makes fiber art!
- I don't care if it's cliché, I want to make this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe right now.
- End the summer with a bottle of Bodegas Ostatu rosé from Rioja, Spain. Zippy, floral and full of citrus, it screams late summer sunshine!
Have a great day!
Photo: Emily Webster via Unsplash
Hello, friend! Get your sunny weekend started with this whimsical list of internet fun. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 6.4.21
- This leopard-print backpack from Baggu looks like a killer summer accessory!
- Get lost in these cutesy photos of amigurumi (little 3D crocheted items). New hobby alert?
- June 12th is National Rosé Day! Stock up here. The Bodegas Itxas Harri Roxa Rosé from Spain is particularly lovely: bright with minerality and delicate fruit.
- Would you swim in this pool?
- I've never had mango pie before and I think my life is about to change for the better. YUM.
Enjoy your weekend!
Photo: Camille Brodard via Unsplash
Today is National Drink Wine Day! But let's be real. Over here, EVERY day is Drink Wine Day. So while this—ahem—holiday doesn't change much for the crew at Sip Better, it does give us an awfully nice excuse to highlight some of the wines we're currently loving. These three wines are peppy and fun, great for lifting your spirits up and out of the dregs of winter. All three are also wonderful food wines, so don't be afraid to mix and match them with whatever cozy foods you're digging into these days.
THREE WINES WE'RE LOVING
Stolpman 'Love You Bunches' Sangiovese | Santa Barbara County, CA
This super-fresh red is totally worthy of its adorable name. Stolpman winemakers pick their Sangiovese grapes while they're still low in sugar and high in acidity. Then they ferment the grapes whole and uncrushed (in bunches!) inside of sealed tanks (that's called Carbonic Fermentation). This method tames the more tannic side of Sangiovese and produces a wine popping with sour cherry and berry...