Photo: Roman Odintsov via Pexels
The Month of Love has arrived! And we’re leaning in hard with some cheeky wine pairings to our favorite rom coms, one from each recent decade. What could be more fun? No matter who you're sunggling up with in front of the screen, we hope these sweet and goofy Valentine’s Day pairings make you smile for a while. Enjoy!
Remember that pretty, glowing final scene where Sam and Jake Ryan finally kiss over a classic birthday cake? Of course you do! It’s truly what teenage dreams are made of. Here are a few frothy wines to pair to your favorite cake for Valentine’s Day.
- Elio Perrone 'Bigaro' | Naturally a bit sweet, this strawberry-scented sparkler is beautiful with buttercream and dense chocolate cake
- Meinklang Frizzanted Rosé | A little dry, a little sweet, this Austrian bubbly cuts through buttery richness and cream cheese frosting
- Hush Heath 'Balfour 1503' Sparkling Brut Rosé | Delightful English Champagne-style sparkling wine, a friend to dessert all kinds
There’s so much to...
Photo: Karsten Würth via Unsplash
Hello hello! Stroll through this little list of things we like right now and get ready for a great weekend.
FRIDAY FAVES - 2.11.22
- I'm no stranger to a cheese board, but an ice cream sundae board?! Sounds delectable and very Valentine's Day friendly to me!
- Are you a mother? If you are, this Instagram comic will totally speak to your SOUL. But even if you're not, you should take a look!
- Cutie little matches to make candle-lighting more fun.
- A funny, topical list of things those candy conversation hearts should ACTUALLY say.
- Read about the meditative beauty of pruning season in Sonoma's vineyards.
Happy (early) Valentine's Day!
Photo: Emily Rentsch
Happy Love Month! We've been imagining the perfect, cozy Valentine's Day date that doesn't require a reservation. Here are five ideas we love, plus the wine you'll want to drink with each one. Hugs and kisses!
Well nothing says spa
and me time
better than a luxurious bottle of bubbles! But, we are also allllll about getting the most bang for our buck. Ready? THIS
. Elegance meets a field of wild strawberries—wowza! With just a hint of fresh thyme and a back note of citrus, this pink sparkler is the perfect companion for a soak in the tub.
HOMEMADE PASTA DINNER
We're suckers for a rich gorgonzola pasta (or a simple plate of noodles drizzled in EVOO) and a creamy white. Try this show stoppin' Sicilian
that exudes notes of melon and starfruit. A real stunner!
Going red? Our somm, Leslee, loves Sangiovese. And classically, this gorgeous Sangiovese from Tuscany
is absolutely the key to unlocking the perfect pairing to a tomato-based, slightly herbed pasta.
Photo: Sonny Mauricio via Unsplash
Hello hello! As we head into another weekend, here are some things we're thinking about to make you happy:
FRIDAY FAVES - 2.4.22
- I know this might sound like a platitude, but I have found the true, BEST banana bread recipe. Seriously. The Ultimate Banana Bread from Smitten Kitchen is a hearty, heavy loaf with an insanely crackly top, ridiculous moisture levels, and a butterscotchy flavor profile. Add chocolate chips if you dare.
- Remember that classic children's book, "Goodnight Moon"? Here's a cool profile on the woman who wrote it.
- If you're looking for a unique and delicious Valentine's Day gift, check out our collaboration with Cépage! #freewine
- Highly recommend reading the comment section on this Cup of Jo post. It's stuffed with people's pro tips, on everything from stain removal, to staying calm, to successful date nights. It will inspire you!
Bye for now!
Photo: Hans Isaacson via Unsplash
February is almost here! Here's what we've been enjoying this last week of January. Cheers!
FRIDAY FAVES - 1.28.22
- Sooo, what do we think about a study that claims "COVID-19 risk was 10–17% lower in red wine consumers"? Read more here!
- Sticky Chili Chicken with Hot and Sour Pineapple (from Alison Roman) sounds like a great way to warm up this weekend.
- Lovely fireplace inspiration for these wintery days. My favorite is the one made from green marble.
- And some tips on styling your mantel!
- This list of the best bread in every state really makes me crave a road trip!
- And finally, 6 wines to celebrate Valentine's Day with.
Thanks for reading!