Photo: Karsten Würth via Unsplash
Hello hello! Stroll through this little list of things we like right now and get ready for a great weekend.
FRIDAY FAVES - 2.11.22
- I'm no stranger to a cheese board, but an ice cream sundae board?! Sounds delectable and very Valentine's Day friendly to me!
- Are you a mother? If you are, this Instagram comic will totally speak to your SOUL. But even if you're not, you should take a look!
- Cutie little matches to make candle-lighting more fun.
- A funny, topical list of things those candy conversation hearts should ACTUALLY say.
- Read about the meditative beauty of pruning season in Sonoma's vineyards.
Happy (early) Valentine's Day!
Photo: Emily Rentsch
Happy Love Month! We've been imagining the perfect, cozy Valentine's Day date that doesn't require a reservation. Here are five ideas we love, plus the wine you'll want to drink with each one. Hugs and kisses!
Well nothing says spa
and me time
better than a luxurious bottle of bubbles! But, we are also allllll about getting the most bang for our buck. Ready? THIS
. Elegance meets a field of wild strawberries—wowza! With just a hint of fresh thyme and a back note of citrus, this pink sparkler is the perfect companion for a soak in the tub.
HOMEMADE PASTA DINNER
We're suckers for a rich gorgonzola pasta (or a simple plate of noodles drizzled in EVOO) and a creamy white. Try this show stoppin' Sicilian
that exudes notes of melon and starfruit. A real stunner!
Going red? Our somm, Leslee, loves Sangiovese. And classically, this gorgeous Sangiovese from Tuscany
is absolutely the key to unlocking the perfect pairing to a tomato-based, slightly herbed pasta.
Photo: Sonny Mauricio via Unsplash
Hello hello! As we head into another weekend, here are some things we're thinking about to make you happy:
FRIDAY FAVES - 2.4.22
- I know this might sound like a platitude, but I have found the true, BEST banana bread recipe. Seriously. The Ultimate Banana Bread from Smitten Kitchen is a hearty, heavy loaf with an insanely crackly top, ridiculous moisture levels, and a butterscotchy flavor profile. Add chocolate chips if you dare.
- Remember that classic children's book, "Goodnight Moon"? Here's a cool profile on the woman who wrote it.
- If you're looking for a unique and delicious Valentine's Day gift, check out our collaboration with Cépage! #freewine
- Highly recommend reading the comment section on this Cup of Jo post. It's stuffed with people's pro tips, on everything from stain removal, to staying calm, to successful date nights. It will inspire you!
Bye for now!
Photo: Hans Isaacson via Unsplash
February is almost here! Here's what we've been enjoying this last week of January. Cheers!
FRIDAY FAVES - 1.28.22
- Sooo, what do we think about a study that claims "COVID-19 risk was 10–17% lower in red wine consumers"? Read more here!
- Sticky Chili Chicken with Hot and Sour Pineapple (from Alison Roman) sounds like a great way to warm up this weekend.
- Lovely fireplace inspiration for these wintery days. My favorite is the one made from green marble.
- And some tips on styling your mantel!
- This list of the best bread in every state really makes me crave a road trip!
- And finally, 6 wines to celebrate Valentine's Day with.
Thanks for reading!
Photo: Leslie Cross via Unsplash
Hello, friends and welcome to Friday! We've collected a few whimsies for you to start your weekend off with. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 1.29.21
- Our somm, Leslee, can't stop staring at this stunning colored stemware; they're like "jewels for your table." Talk about a gorgeous upgrade to your nightly glass of wine!
- What happens when Candy Hearts and Kraft Mac & Cheese get together? Hmm, I've got my doubts about this collab...
- In other love related news, we just added a new section to the SHOP, packed with 18 different bottles of wine you could bestow upon your Valentine. Muah!
- February marks the return of one of my favortie local pizza spots, Northern Fires, in South Minneapolis. Honestly? I would back these pies in a pizza line-up any day!
- Loving this new travel guide to Sedona, Arizona, from our buddies at Ready & Roam. Check out their big list of U.S. guides if you're craving a safe getaway!
Thanks for reading!