Photo: via Unsplash
Happy Halloweeeeeen! Wishing you a spooky weekend and lots of fun!
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.28.22
- This podcast legitimately freaks me out. Don't listen to it alone!
> DRINK THIS: Matic Pinot Gris, orange wine from Slovenia
- And if you ever wondered how the heck Halloween came to be, check out this episode of Flightless Bird.
> DRINK THIS: Spy Valley Pinot Noir from New Zealand
- These table linens are beautiful and dramatic, perfect for wintertime dining.
> DRINK THIS: Domaine de Piaugier Côtes du Rhône Villages-Sablet from France
- On our somm's recommendation, I made a Manhattan with this rich Pedro Ximenez sherry from Spain in place of sweet vermouth and HOLY SMOKES! It rules.
> DRINK THIS: El Maestro Sierra Pedro Ximenez Sherry from Spain
- I hope these kooky toddler costumes make you smile!
> DRINK THIS: Elio Perrone 'Bigaro' from Italy
See you in November!
Photo: Hansjorg Keller via Unsplash
Hello hello! Thanks for stopping by the blog! Please enjoy some of our favorite things on the internet this week, and have a lovely, orange-y Fall weekend.
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.21.22
- Why do I love Quarantine Kermi so much?!
- If you're looking for an alternative to the spooky snacks and drinks of the season, might I suggest orange wine?
- Who's up for a little self-care Target run? We've all done it!
- Cup of Jo's Fall favorites lists are the BEST.
- How's this for an inspiring movie?: In Blind Ambition, four Zimbabwean friends (and immigrants to South Africa) become sommeliers and make an inspiring journey to the World Wine Tasting Championship in Burgundy. And it's a true story! I'm IN.
Photo: Mel Elías via Unsplash
Hey there! It's been another crazy week in the world, so we hope these little tid bits will lift your spirits. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.3.21
- This list of favorite Trader Joe's products gives me the munchies!
- Give your brain a break by listening to the lighthearted I Love A Lifetime Movie podcast, hosted by comedians Naomi Ekperigin and Megan Gailey. These hilarious women watch a different Lifetime movie each week and recap the good, bad, and ridiculous details while cracking up along the way.
- Excited for spooky season? Feast your eyes on these pumpkiny works of art.
- Our somm, Leslee, has been busy all week at the Minnesota State Fair, sussing out the best wine-based treats (hello, wine slushies!) and presenting at MN Wine Country. Follow her on Instagram (@amuseewine) for all the tasty tips!
- These vintage-inspired French clothes are feminine, unique, and somehow look super comfortable all at once. Love!
Enjoy your day!
October is the perfect time to binge watch (again) season three of Netflix’s Stranger Things. I mean, what could be more Halloween-adjacent than a little weird and retro romp through Demagorgon-infested Hawkins, Indiana? Exactly.
Season three of Stranger Things brings the advent of The Mall, that glorious beacon of the 1980s. It’s new, it’s flashy, it’s...strange! Everyone in Hawkins loves it and the Starcourt Mall is really the center of some of the juiciest, most climactic moments in the season.
In the final scenes of the season, the Stranger Things gang splits up into smaller groups to more effectively kick the Mind Flayer's butt. Each group gets a code name to communicate with the others over walkie talkie: The Griswold Family, The Scoops Troop, and Bald Eagle (of course!). So, in the spirit of trying new and strange things, I’m recommending a super off-the-beaten-path wine to pair with each of the Stranger Things factions that face the Mind Flayer in this spooky and totally rad...