Photo: Eric Barbeau via Unsplash
Happy Friday and Happy May! I hope the sun is shining where you are and that you enjoy these little gems from the internet:
FRIDAY FAVES - 5.7.21
- I highly recommend making this hot and tangy vegetarian soup! At first glance, it doesn't seem like much, but it's totally invigorating and so easy to throw together.
- You don't have to have a green thumb to appreciate this advice on the best flowers for a container garden.
- Just in time for fresher weather, Leslee did a live tasting of almost half of the 31 different rosés we carry! Check it out on Facebook!
- Watch this charming video tutorial from Food52 on making an exciting big salad. So cute!
- This kitchen makeover is inspiring me to pick up a paintbrush!
Have a great day!
Photo: Chandrachur Lahiri via Unsplash
Hello there, thanks for stopping by! Here's a cute little list of whimsy to get your weekend going.
FRIDAY FAVES - 4.30.21
- Take not of these eight helpful plants that repel mosquitos and other pests, for your future outdoor hangs and gardening plans!
- Love these cute and irreverant Mother's Day cards.
- If you're looking for a last-minute Mom's Day gift, check out the virtual wine class section of Amusée! Or send her a subscription to Sip Better? ;)
- Holy moly, Miley Cyrus's new house is a colorful feast for the eyes.
- Scrolling through these bold sunglasses trends for 2021 will have you feeling summery in no time!
Have a relaxing weekend!
Photo: Mimipic Photography via Unsplash
Welcome to the weekend! We've got a short list of goodies you might like to peruse in preparation. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 4.23.21
- I'm guessing there's a dad in your life who can relate to these hilarious t-shirts!
- Speaking of parents! We've got a whole juicy shop section full of wines to gift your mom this Mother's Day! The Marisco 'Ned' Pinot Gris is particularly delightful and celebratory (it tastes like a juicy bowl of melon + strawberry).
- Ummm, West Elm has a kids collection now? Cute little people furniture? I'm in!
- Do you miss going to the movies as much as I do? This piece on why the heck movie theaters look the way they do (those crazy carpets!) is a total nostalgia trip.
- If you're in the Minneapolis area, don't miss the Broken English pop-up menu at Restaurant Alma this Sunday night! Chef Dan Manosack makes Lao-American style street food and it is GOOD.
Have a great day!
Photo: Bilyana Slaveykov via Unsplash
On this Earth Day, we are reveling in the good work being done by three organic vineyards we love. Over ninety percent of the wines we carry and champion here at Sip Better subscribe to natural farming principles. But we thought these three producers in particular would get you excited about honoring the earth by drinking wine! Didn't think that was possible, did ya? Perhaps these producers will inspire you, too.
For many years, Avignonesi was a very well known wine brand in Tuscany. But when Belgian heiress Virginie Saverys acquired the winery in 2009, she wanted to revive the land and make it sing. Before, Avignonesi had been a pretty conventional farm, pumping out thick and heavy wines that didn't pay much homage to the natural character of the land. Virginie hired a biodynamics consultant, Adriano Zago, to help change the entire operation.
Together, Virginie, Adriano, and the team at...
Photo: Loren Cutler via Unsplash
Good daaaay! Thanks for stopping by on your way into the weekend. Here are a couple of things we like right now.
FRIDAY FAVES - 4.16.21
- There's a new pasta shape in town!
- This podcast interview with Dr. Alex Anderson (an anesthesiology specialist in MN) on the joy of working in medicine (even during Covid), pumping herself up with Billie Eilish tunes, and embracing her head of gray hair is beautiful, bright, and inspiring. The podcast in general (Forever35) is also great for self care enthusiasts!
- All about forest bathing, which sounds like perfect medicine right now.
- Here are many, MANY rosés to add to your spring wine list.
- Leslee's gift box company is now LIVE online! Go check out the website and let us know what you think!
- Holy wow, this list of the best (and quirkiest) Airbnbs in the UK is inspiring! I can't wait to hop a plane in the near future.
Have a lovely weekend!