Photo: Emily Rentsch
It's Friday, kids! We've been savoring sweets and feeling our civic duty over here at Sip Better. Read on for more fun things!
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.23.20
- We plan on celebrating voting early by mail (and the near end of this dang election!) with a glass of bubbly. Now THAT is what I call civic duty! Need a bubbly recommendation? We've got loads!
- Just got my copy of Dessert Person (pictured above) by Claire Saffitz, and boy does it shine! I spent last night flipping through it with a glass of Alvaro Palacios 'Camins del Priorat' and now I can't wait to make everything inside its pretty pages.
- Anne Hathaway stars in a lush and looney remake of "The Witches" (now streaming on HBO Max) and we are all in!
- Accidentally Wes Anderson (an Instagram account and book) is pure whimsy! Check it out when you're feeling blah.
- What if you were accidentally served a $2,000 bottle of wine?!
- I've been on a years long hunt for the best slippers and I think I've finally found them: Glerups! These...
Photo: Courtesy of Carousel & Folk
Congratulations on crushing another week! Please enjoy the following little bits of fun:
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.16.20
- Kind of obsessed with alllll of the candles at Carousel & Folk. Especially these cloud candles!
- Been trying to use this simple thought from Cup of Jo to keep anxiety at bay.
- Have you ever tried a white Pinot Noir before? Get on it! Start with this one from Left Coast Cellars.
- Artist Christine McConnell has the spookiest, kookiest Instagram account, perfect for this time of year. And she goes ALL OUT when decorating her house for Halloween!
Have a great weekend!
Photo: Emily Rentsch
It's Friday (but who's keeping track, right?!)! Here's a little list of fun things we found on the internet and beyond this week. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.9.20
- Highly recommend making some apple cake to have with your morning coffee. This recipe is easy and yummy, but we suggest you add a big pinch of salt to the batter. :)
- Wanna turn that apple cake into a brunch situation? Pop open a bottle of this to go with it: Abbazia di Novacella Kerner! It's sleek, it's floral, it's the BEST.
- Did you know about the Orionids Meteor Shower this month? So cool!
- Loving this new podcast about the Hollywood Con Queen (and yes, she is AT LARGE!).
- This is a really informative post on how CBD works, from Wit & Delight.
Remember trick or treating? Unless you've got a little kid in your life, those days of skipping around the neighborhood hauling pillow cases stuffed with fun size candy are loooong gone.
But who says adults can't indulge in a little sugar on October 31st? And! Who says wine can't be a part of the spooky equation?
In the video above, Sip Better's sommelier, Leslee, has picked out a bundle of wines that go well with all the Halloween classics: Snickers, Kit Kats, Reeses, and more! Go grab a mixed bag of chocolate bars, a few friends, and follow along for a cozy night of Halloween-themed wine tasting. Bonus points if you play Hocus Pocus in the background!
Photo: Jakub Sejkora via Unsplash
Good day, wine lovers! Please enjoy the following fun tidbits we discovered this week:
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.2.20
- How perfect does this blueberry pie look?! Made by a North Minneapolis baker!
- Do you like strawberries? Do you like wine? (Wait, stupid question...) Then you MUST pop open a bottle of this Pinot Noir.
- These stunning felt flowers will keep us smiling once winter sets in.
- A loooong list of the best Halloween movies (remember The Sixth Sense??).
- A few dreamy fall adventures we long to go on...
Enjoy your weekend!