Photo: David Simeng Zhang
It may officially be September, but the breeze is still warm and the grass is still green. Outdoor hangouts live on!
We have loved taking wine to the park this year and think we've perfected the perfect outdoor wine gathering formula. Read on for 5 things to bring on your next cozy, outdoor wine gathering. Make it your own and tag us in your photos! We'd love to see your style.
Candles and lanterns: Don't forget about lighting! If you're picnicing into the evening, set your table with a few strategic lanterns or (electric)candles to light the night. Plus, EVERYONE looks prettier bathed in warm candlelight! Fill your lanterns with these citronella tea lights for a little extra mosquito security.
SEATING + COMFORT
Cushions and pillows: Bring enough soft seating options so that the party doesn't get cut short due to sore booties! We love Home Goods and Target for affordable floor pillows, like this bold and chunky one.
A portable table and blankets: Our project manager's father...
It's almost September! As you enjoy the rest of this fleeting summer, here are a few things we're loving this week:
FRIDAY FAVES - 8.26.21
- Our somm, Leslee, threw a luxe picnic (ahem, "sipnic") for some friends, complete with some of her favorite bottles of wine, cheeses, and snacks from Cépage. Check out the photos over on Instagram (and above)!
- I can't stop watching Motel Makeover on Netflix. It's such a treat for the eyes (pink pink pink)!
- Check out this stunning gold-streaked statement mirror created by Etsy's 2021 Etsy Design Award winner, Candice Luter. She also makes fiber art!
- I don't care if it's cliché, I want to make this Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe right now.
- End the summer with a bottle of Bodegas Ostatu rosé from Rioja, Spain. Zippy, floral and full of citrus, it screams late summer sunshine!
Have a great day!
Photo: Julia Peretiatko via Unsplash
Good day and thanks for coming by! Here's what we've rounded up for the weekend. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 7.30.21
- The teens have spoken: here's what's cool in 2021! (Cargo pants? Really?!)
- For your weekend socializing, grab a bottle of Bonny Doon 'Vin Gris de Cigare' Rosé. Leslee calls it a "gorgeously textured and layered rosé" that will impress even the snobbiest of pink drinkers. ;)
- Don't the Olympics make you feel good? We were especially excited to hear that Minnesota native (represent!) Sunisa Lee won the gold medal in women's gymnastics all-around.
- Cannot WAIT for Only Murders In The Building to premiere.
- What do you think of these silk scrunchies from Brooklinen?
- Cute, literary-themed gifts for the wine lover!
Have a great day!
Photo: Maddi Bazzocco via Unsplash
Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy some things we've loved this week:
FRIDAY FAVES - 7.15.21
- If your garden (or farmers market) is bursting with tomatoes, make yourself a classic panzanella.
- We're giving away some luxe prizes over on our Instagram page, as part of our Destination Rosé event. Go toss your name in the hat!
- Did you know you can rent pools by the hour? Swimply is like the Airbnb of pools in your area.
- I just started the book Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking The Stress Cycle and it is GREAT. If you are a woman in the world—and especially if you're a parent or caregiver of any kind—this book is a wake-up call.
- Planning a vacation? Here are 6 surprising ways to fully enjoy your trip.
Have a great day!
Do these humid, 90-degree days (at least, that's what it like here in Minnesota) have you dreaming about a slippery, sweating glass of cold white wine? We're with you!
One of the many magical features of wine is that it can totally transform depending on its temperature. A cool wine often feels a little tighter, a little brisker and a little less opulent than a room temperature one. Putting a little chill on a wine can also highlight different notes in flavor that might suprise you!
Summer's heat is the perfect excuse to start experimenting with chilled wines, especially reds that you might normally relegate to colder months. There are loads of light-bodied red grapes out there that shine when served cool! So clear a little space in your fridge and start below, with our list of 6 wines to chill this summer.
6 WINES TO CHILL THIS SUMMER
LIOCO 'Indica' Rosé | Mendocino County, CA
This rosé of Carignan is the perfect full-flavored but high-acidity wine to gulp on the patio this summer. On...